Poems can be a great way to do something different to get your ex to pay attention and even give you another chance and you don’t have to be a poet. It’s the little things that count especially during these times when people don’t really sit down and write to each other any more unless it’s in 40 characters or less.
If you want your ex to consider giving your relationship another chance and have tried everything, why not give poetry a chance. Here are some tips on how to use poetry to get your ex back and as mentioned previously, you don’t need to be a poet.
But keep in mind that though poetry may be a little unexpected for your ex, it doesn’t mean that it’s guaranteed to work but it’s definitely sure to grab his or her attention. You also need to consider your ex first and determine whether they like poetry (who doesn’t though?) and would therefore respond positively to a poem written by you. Even if they don’t like poetry, they will still be impressed that you went this route and not the usual stalking, million phone calls, texts, emails, etc.
If poetry is the last thing your ex would expect you to do to try to win him or her back or if your ex does not like poetry, your ex may still get a kick out of you doing this and while this may not win him or her back immediately, they may start to see you in a more positive light.
How to use poetry to get your ex back
Some suggestions if you decide to use poetry to get your ex back include using the following guidelines;
- Before writing your ex a poem, take some time to do your research. Check out a book of poems at the library and read through a few poems to give yourself some inspiration or guidance on how the poem should flow. But always remember that a poem straight from the heart is the best way to go whether your ex is receptive or not.
- It doesn’t have to rhyme because most poems don’t. The ones that do are mainly classic poems from poets for whom poetry is their job and passion. Using free verse for a get back together poem which is from the heart, works the best. This kind does not have to rhyme.
- Always remember to be yourself warts and all. Don’t try to sound like Shakespeare or one of the other great poets. Put down how you really feel about your ex and what he or she added to your life which will be more meaningful. If you are still madly in love with your ex, be clear about it and write it down.
- Keep it simple. Use plain language with very clear meanings so there’s no room for misunderstanding. You don’t want the meaning to get lost in translation by using big words or flowery language.
- If on the other hand you’re still stuck for words or you’re not happy with what you have come up with, find a love poem that expresses how you feel but always try to put your personal touch on the poem.
Once you have the poem ready, include it in a letter or card to your ex. Don’t email it though. Letter writing is a lost art and taking the time to do this will show how thoughtful you are.
These are just a few tips on the best way to use poetry to get your ex back. Poetry is definitely something to be considered and in many cases is an unexpected gesture that may win you major points with your ex.
For more step by step guidance on what to do to win your ex back besides using poetry to get your ex back which is not guaranteed to work despite your best efforts, you need to get your hands on the bestselling Magic Of Making Up which will give you step by step guidance on what to do and what to avoid doing to win them back. Find out more about this bestselling relationship rescue guide here.